Terries and Fermies

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 04:08:35 CEST 2003

Don Rosa wrote:

>I can't hack Terries or Firmies or Larkies or Harpies or any of
>that. Yeah, I loved those stories as a kid, they were two of my
>top favorites -- but I could *never* tell a story using them
>myself.

I can understand that, but it *is* a shame that we won't be
seeing a sequel to "Land Beneath the Ground."  It's one of my
all-time favorites, and has been since I was like four or five
years old.  I don't know WHY, exactly, it just is.  ;)  I loved
the cameo of the Terries and Fermies in "The Universal Solvent,"
but I guess that will have to remain their only Rosa appearance.

I know there's one Van Horn story about a Terry (or was it a
Fermy?) who gets accidentally jettisoned out into the surface
world, and Donald and his nephews help him get back home while
evading a hunter in the snow.

Are there any other stories besides these where the Terries and
Fermies appear?

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/