Barks font without Danish/Norwegian special characters

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Jan 17 23:19:08 CET 2003

Georges Helm <geohelm at pt.lu> wrote:

> The Font offered by the GERMAN D.O.N.A.L.D.
> organization offers a GERMAN font.

Not entirely correct...
They offer a font which also is 100% compatible
for Swedish and AFAIK also Finnish. Thus it
works for some Nordic languages, but not for
all!

> The font does not include special Luxembourgish
> characters as well

Does such exist? AFAIK Dutch/Flemmish only uses
the standard 26 letter alfabet (I guess Harry
Fluks can confirm this).

> nor does it include French, Spanish,

I can see that.

> Greek, Cyrillic and more country
> specific characters.

These are complete diffirent alfabets and
is *not* a topic here.

> Although there are friends of Carl Barks in
> Luxembourg, Spain, Greece,
> Russia a.s.o.

Once again - mentioning Greece and Russia here
is *not* correct - this is a discussion about
the LATIN alfabet only.

> What about the other countries' characters,
> Sigvald?

IMO as many special charcters *within* the LATIN
alfabet as possible should be included.

And let me say the following to you all:
As long ago as in the 1980's I made my own
fonts for my Commodore 64. By then I always
included the A, O and U with dots over them.
And I am pretty sure that if Danish Donaldist
Society will ever create it's own font, that
one will include the A, O and U with dots over
them as well.

So please let us all be constructive here.

Sigvald :-)