FCBD DDA

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 01:19:09 CEST 2003

Arie:

> Speaking of which, just got my own copies of the FCBD DDA. It's superb.
> Though the inside pages looked a bit "blurry" but they're enjoyable.
> And the
> flip cover design is great too. Kudos to Gemstone for a very
> attractive FCBD
> edition. I didnt even bother to get other FCBD comics.

Thank you for those kinds words.

Just so everyone's in the picture, there will be five more versions of
this book in due course, all featuring the same cover but in the
following variants: a "blue" edition, a "green" edition, a "silver"
edition, and a "gold" edition, each earmarked for distribution at
various events over this summer. One will be given out at this year's
WizardWorld bash in Chicago, one at the San Diego Comic-Con (as us old
timers still call it), another at an American Numismatic Association (I
think that's what ANA stands for) event being held shortly after the
Comic-Con here in Baltimore. The fourth will appear...well, no definite
info on that one yet. The fifth variant is a complete change of cover -
and by far the most complicated and labor-intensive of the bunch - but
I don't know where or when it will appear, either.

I think the "silver" one's my favorite. It's right pretty in proof
form, and we're not even using special ink.

Gary