The Riverside Rovers

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Tue Jun 3 16:36:06 CEST 2003

	Hey Rich,

>Anyhow, in the profile for Morty & Ferdy (with a "y")

	Funny... within Egmont itself we say Ferdie- though I'm not sure we
always have.

>there is a brief mention of a Soccer Team
>Here's what I *think* they are:
	[...]
>Are these correct?  If not, what should they be?

	Allow me!

>Coach Julian = just Coach
>Mitchell (a cow-boy) = just Mitch [it's not short for anything]
>Haskle (a dognose boy) = Huskie [like a "husky" dog... strange name change!]
	The other characters are as you named them.

>I'm not sure, but I think the NAME of the Soccer team is "The Riverbank
>Soccer Team"?
	They're the Riverside Rovers. Sounds like the Chinese translated it
directly.

>When did this soccer team first appear and do any of these kids (aside from
>M&F and Gilbert) or the Coach have any backstory outside the soccer team?

	The soccer team first appeared in D 99290, appropriately enough
titled "Riverside Rovers". The team kids and all other relevant characters
were created especially for the series by writer Paul Halas, editor Lars
Bergström, and artist Paco Rodriguez.

>In anycase, one of the recent issues of Milaoshu (Mickey Mouse) also has a
>story prominently featuring Morty & Ferdy's mom, Mickey's sister!
>Unfortunately I couldn't determine if she was ever called Felicity, though.

	The name Felicity originates at Egmont, so you won't find it in any
older comics.

	Best, David