Using Duck Stories Professionally

L. Schulte lschulte at sfstoledo.org
Thu Jun 5 15:30:17 CEST 2003

I am a teacher of German (and various other things) at a Catholic high
school for boys in Ohio.
A few years ago I found "Weihnachten für Kummersdorf" (A Christmas for
Shacktown) in Germany during
one of our exchange trips, and I thought, why not notate this for German
III or German IV?  Even though the
original is in English, my students did not find it odd to be reading a
translation.  I then added "Der Goldene Weihnachtsbaum" to the repertoire.
I also use a story called in German "13 Trillion"
(I do not know the original English title: any experts out there recognize
it?).
Both are received enthusiastically.
I want to do Rosa's "Secret of the Lost Library" eventually.