Map in I TL 1791

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Sun Jun 8 02:28:21 CEST 2003

I wrote in my Murry post about a month ago:
> I don't have the book here to check it up, but I've
> heard that this theory is supported in Bruno Sarda
> and Massimo De Vita's marvellous story "Alla ricerca
> della pietra zodiacale - L'eredità di Zodiacus" (I TL
> 1791-A), where Mickey makes a phone call to Scrooge
> and a map shows Duckburg on the west coast and
> Mouseton on the east coast (thanks to Arne Bye for
> making me aware of this). When I first read this story
> myself I was too young to know what USA looked like,
> so I never noticed this - and now I have the book at home,
> 99950 kilometres away (well, at least a hundred).

Well, I have read the story now, and I was COMPLETELY wrong. The situation was
the other way around!

The setting showed MICKEY, being in the museum with Zapotec and Marlin, being
situated in CALIFORNIA, while SCROOGE, sitting safe in his money bin, was
somewhere in FLORIDA! (this was in part six of the Zodiacus-series)

However, another thing I noticed was that in the Zodiacus-series part 1, Mickey
and Goofy had to go to Miami (from Mouseton), and said "luckily it's not far
away". Which could mean they was already quite close to Florida - but not IN
Florida, as Goofy went there in typical Floridan tourist clothes and said "I
thought you HAD to dress like this when in Florida!"

Best, Olaf the Blue
15 days from heaven