Firebug replacement panels

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Thu Jun 12 10:13:00 CEST 2003

DAVID (and ROB)

>>The "Firebug" style looks nothing like McKimson's work (and I've
>>read dozens of Tom's Bugs Bunnies).
>
>	Eta, you're a McKimson collector like me; and if you think the style
>is similar, I'm interested to hear where you find the similarity.

I don't. While I'm sure I've read dozens of McKimson stories, too,
I don't know which ones are his... much to my shame, I'll admit to
not being able to recognize looney artists much, with the partial
exception of Phil De Lara...

I'll get back to you and other folks in private about looney
matters soon.

My proposition of McKimson as a likely candidate was only based
on... er... grammatical reasons... :-)

Barks said it would have been *either* Buettner or McKimson,
which led me to assume the two were the only staff artists
at the time, and since most of us tended to rule out Buettner,
McKimson would then become more than just a candidate...

But it couldn't have been so easy, of course... :-)

However, are we sure Barks wasn't right on there being only
two staff *artists* at the time ? Sure other editors worked
at Western, but maybe Chase Craig and/or others didn't have
"artistic editorial duties", still at that specific time ?

Then, since you firmly rule out McKimson (hey, there was
nothing offensive in that :-), we would be back to Buettner,
and Rob's theory that it could as well be him trying to
imitate Barks' style and achieving neither Barks' nor his
own would be pretty plausible...

One of those things we'll never know for sure ?

Cheers!

Eta Beta