April, May & June, again

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Thu Jun 12 22:29:53 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand wrote:

>> The girls are Huey, Dewey and Louie's cousins? What's your source?
>
> they may not be blood-related, but still think of
> each others as cousins and call each other cousins.

In which story did HDL and April, May and June call each other (or think
of each other) as cousins? I've never seen that anywhere.

> I see nothing wrong in using the word "cousins" about April, May and
> June - even though they may not be blood-related.

Well, my problem is this: In several stories, the girls have pursued the
boys for romantic purposes. And in the real world, romance between
cousins is in some places considered incest. Not everywhere, but it's
widespread enough that Michael Eisner killed off the original storyline
for "Lion King 2", because it involved... a romance between cousins.

I hope I'm not coming off as a grumpy old man, but I'm pretty troubled
by this idea...

Lars