April, May & June, again

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Jun 24 12:35:30 CEST 2003

HARRY FLUKS to RICH BELLACERA, 20-06-2003:

>> Now that Daisy's nieces have distinctive hairstyles they would appear
>> to be a little easier to tell apart, moreso than the less reliable
>> color of dress.  Anyhow, I was wondering, do the creators actually
>> identify which name belongs to which hairstyle? One has a ponytail,
>> another a moptop and the other has, I guess, pigtails.  Which is which?

> Yes, the Dutch give the different characters consistently different
> names (in Dutch: Lizzy, Juultje, Babetje). But I don't know by head
> who is who...

According to the illustration on the front page of Dutch comic album
"50 Vrolijke verhalen van de Duckies, no. 1", Lizzy has one tail,
Juultje has no tail, and Babetje has two tails.

BTW. The album belongs to a series which I like very much. Other albums
contain stories by Ben Verhagen and by Mau Heijmans. I hope this series
will continue. Do you have any information on the popularity and frequency
of these albums, Harry? And will older albums be reprinted, or will they
(as it seems now) disappear from the market?

--- Daniël