De Paperinik PKque

Tommy gorthan at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:48:45 CET 2003

From: "Stefan Persson" <spe at inducks.org>

> Tommy wrote:
>
> > In PK, this last serie, Paperinik doesn't exist: the name PK come from
> > the code written on PK's weapon, which is "PK2370", how you noticed.
>
> In Sweden that code was changed into "SK2370" so that he still keeps his
> old name.
>
> >  I think this serie is worse than the two previous series,
> > overall because of the cancellation of the Paperinik's origins, but it
> > seems that this serie is selling more comics than the second one...
>
> Hm...  Could that be because of the video game?

In Italy the videogame didn't have so big success, but this new PK serie is
much suitable for children. I think children buy this PK comics much more
teens or adults.

> I personally think that
> PKNA and PK² are *much* better than the third PK series.

I agree

> >  jadorno at jjay.cuny.edu <mailto:jadorno at jjay.cuny.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > PK's second appearance was last December, in the video game, Disney's
> > > PK, released for Sony Playstation and for Nintendo Game Cube
> > > console
> >
> > In those games the name PK come from the latin words Platyrhyncos
> > Kineticus, which means Energized Duck...
>
> Has that "Platyrhyncos Kineticus" thing been used anywhere else?  I have
> so far only seen the first two parts of the third PK series, and they
> don't contain any strange new names, at least not in the Swedish
> translation.

No, Platyrhyncos Kineticus is only used in the videogame. There is also a
little comic which explain the origin of PK, based on the game: you cand
find it at the site of Disney Interactive England:
www.disneyinteractive.co.uk.

Excuse me for my bad English
bye
Tommy --- gorthan at hotmail.com ---

«Tell me, mister governor... How does it feel to leave history?»
PKNA #14 "Carpe Diem"