Duck Violence and Gemstone's Audience

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 22:22:48 CET 2003

In a message dated 3/13/2003 11:28:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
malines24 at hotmail.com writes:

> Or maybe it's just me expected some Barks' consciousness-expanding
> gag-covers from the 50's?
>
> http://eega.net/covers/usa/w_wdc/w_wdc_167_00.jpg

Haha.

Now see, if Gemstone resorted to senseless violence on their covers, then
maybe they would draw in a much larger audience! People like their senseless
violence, after all!

I think that Gemstone just might be slightly heading in the wrong direction
by marketing their books strictly towards children. I'm hoping that the
prestige format books will be marketed towards adults and collectors--or Just
About Everyone--and the "take along" books will be marketed towards children.
But there's always the hopefully-unlikely chance of marketing the entire line
towards children completely, ala Disney Comics back in the early nineties.

Ugh.
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin