barks/disney plots in non disney stories

rob gibson robgsb at rain.org
Mon Mar 24 06:39:47 CET 2003

I just got caught up on my DCML emails, so my reply is a bit dated. Steven
Spielberg has admitted being inspired by Carl Barks. In particular he
mentioned borrowing plot elements from "The Seven Cities of Cibola" for
"Raiders of the Lost Ark." Could there be a link betweeen "Jurassic Park"
(book and movie) with the auger nosed pickle hater story?

I am amazed at how many movies are based on comic book characters or plots.
One could argue that this is a factor in the decline of comic book sales. How
can a comic book compete with a movie?

Rob Gibson