Disney Comics outside of the US before WWII

Didier Ghez dghez at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:37:55 CET 2003

Larry wrote

>Wow, there must be very few Americans who know that
>Disney characters were already out of this country prior to
>and during the second world war; certainly I didn't.

Larry : If you are interested in the history of Disney Comics outside of the US before WWII, you can check the series of articles I published over the last 12 months in the American magazine Tomart's Disneyana and that is also available online (without illustrations) at the following URL :

http://pizarro.net/didier/_private/tomart/Disney_MagazinesI.htm

In it you will find a summary of info found in Italian and German in the books of Alberto Becattini and Carsten Laqua, but also brand new info about comics in former-Yugoslavia, Mexico and Palestine (before the creation of the state of Israel).

I hope you will enjoy it.

Didier