HDL's parents

Michael Schartau Michael.Schartau at swipnet.se
Thu Mar 27 17:01:13 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kriton Kyrimis" <kyrimis at cti.gr>

> Um, isn't a parent's first and foremost duty that of raising their
> children? I would think that the above behavior would have been pretty
> irresponsible, and certainly not something in the "family" spirit that
> Disney promote.

Remember that back in the old days this beavior was not uncommon.
I know.
I have memories.
It was also just after WW2 and a lot of children had lost their parents.
It could perhaps be a comfort for these children to read about HDL's
situation.
And it was better (?) to be sent to a realtive than to a boardinghouse or
boardingschool.
/Michael