Mickey from Steamboat Willie meets comics' Mickey

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 02:54:02 CEST 2003

In this month's Super Picsou Géant (#114), a fun surprise :

D 2000-022 : "Les Revenants de 'l'Entêté"

In this story, Mouseton celebrates its bicentennial, and shows
 in a museum the steamboat from "Steamboat Willie".
And this boat is haunted by the black and white Mickey from the
 cartoon "steamboat willie", and is in fact called "Mikiki", and
 he is the comics' Mickey's great-great-uncle.

I love this theory to explain the dificulties to consider Mickey
Mouse as one single character, because of the gap which exists between
 the early cartoons and todays' comics. That makes it so difficult to
consider him as a normal guy with a normal life, (like Dinald Duck), we're
 obliged to see him as an untemporal character, and we can't see a continuity...
 It's very easier to build Donald's family tree than Mickey's. Another
 story refering to Steamboat willie was :

I TL 2243-1A : "Topolino e il fiume del tempo"

In this one, both Mickeys were considered the same characetr, and Mickey and
 Pete return on Steamboat Willie...

another source where I remember a confrontation between today's Mickey and
 Steamboat Willie's Mickey is the videogame "Mickey Mania"...

Gilles