Disney Character names in "Jeg, Mikke Mus"

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Wed May 21 22:38:54 CEST 2003

Hi all!

Disney Character names seems to be a much debated topic in DCML these days,
so why not take a look at what character was actually mentioned in the giant
book "Jeg, Mikke Mus" (Io, Topolino) from 1976:
a) Mickey Mouse
b) Minnie Mouse
c) Goofy
d) Jimmy Cricket
e) Donald Duck
f) Pluto
g) Daisy Duck
h) Grandma Duck
i) Big Pete
j) [The] Beagle Boys
k) Uncle Scrooge [McDuck]
l) Gyro Gearloose
m) Big Bad Wolf
n) Chip & Dale
o) Gladstone [Gander]
p) Huey
q) Dewey
r) Louie

Text within [] are added my me as it's missing in the book. The editors of
the book have also switched Dewey and Louie.

IMO some characters like Jimmy Cricket, Big Bad Wold and Chip & Dale should
have been removed as they doesn't appear in any of the Jeg-books (IO-books).
Then other, obviously much more important characters like: Magica De Spell,
The Junior Woodchucks, The Money Bin, Duckburg and Chief O'Hara should have
been added instead.

The list was presented in 10 languages. For the Scandinavian versions of
that book the logical choice of languages would IMO be (Norwegian version as
an example):
- Norwegian (mother tongue)
- English (original names)
- Danish (close neighbour)
- Swedish (close neighbour)
- Finnish (close neighbour)
- Italian (as the book are of Italian origin)
- German (important language being thought at Norwegian School)
- French (important language being thought at Norwegian School)
- Spanish (important language in a global perspective)
- Dutch (a language related to the Germanic languages in Scandinavia)

Sigvald :-)