Your favorite Disney comics publications

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Sat May 31 14:38:38 CEST 2003

CORD + ALL:

> What are your favorite Disney comics publications? Those you would
> never sell for a million Dollars?

Well, that's an awfull lot of money, isn't it. In my case it would have
to be my collection of pocket books (mostly Italian stories). On the
other hand, I don't have a "personal" relationship to them as such; you
can buy them for less than 10.000$ if you wish and the following day
I'd go and buy them all secondhand and keep the profit.

There are exceptions though. A few of the old pockets are "signed" by my
little sister before she went to school: #EL3NE (in an almost "rubble"
font). Those I'd hate to lose of course.

Like a few others here on DCML, I am the lucky owner of a page drawn by
Scarpa (hangs in my office). That one you cannot buy, but I am willing
to exchange it with something even more precious.

BTW, all this reminds me of last week. I was walking down the street and
on the opposite side I noticed a large drawing of something I knew very
well. As part of the window decoration, someone had made a genuine oil
on canvas painting of a panel from Bordini's snail story, but that was
only a part of it. On the left side of the painting there was a
realistic drawing of a duck behind bars. I entered the shop and asked
for the price (200$ hrmphf!) Apparently the artist has made many such
combinations of realism and stylistic Disney comics and has even held a
series of exhibitions. I guess it falls into the category of pop-art,
but, heck this was truly good stuff.

To those of you who will visit me this summer (I am hoping for a minor
invasion here :-) we might take a better look at that shop.

Best,
Søren