DuckTales comments and Rumpus

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 00:23:35 CET 2003

First, on the subject of Rumpus, I see him as existing in a
different universe or continuity than the Barks/Rosa one.  So I
don't hurt my brain too much trying to figure out how he would
fit into that family tree.  ;-)
Has Van Horn ever used (or mentioned by name) Hortense or
Matilda?  Didn't Don Rosa come up with the name "Fergus" as
Scrooge's father's name, since Barks only called him by the
nickname "Scottie" or somesuch?
It seems like Van Horn freely borrows bits and pieces of other
authors' universes, and ignores others.  I'm NOT saying this is
a bad thing!  It's fun, and certainly within his right!  (Rosa
does this too, after all--the "earning the first dime by shining
a ditchdigger's boots" scene wasn't a Barks idea but came from
another author whose name escapes me at the moment...Strobl?)
But I'm just wondering what other bits of the Barks/Rosa
continuity have been picked up by Van Horn.

Maciek (with this syntax, who else? ;) wrote:
> But obaut maching : I love Duck Tales version of "Back to the
> Klondaik".
> Ofcours Carl Bark version is much better but  in Duck Tales
> there is shown
> much more love betwen Scrooge and Goldie. Maby bicous Scrooge
> sems to fell
> in love with Goldie sence he saw her  for the first time. Why
> in Barks
> version he simes to hate here in the flash back.

Ah, but that outward hate simply covers up his love for her.  ;)

Although I did like the DuckTales version of "Back to the
Klondike," too.  ;)

Matthew wrote:

> Oh and Katie!  I LIKE Scrooge in love, but I guess I like
> miserable,
> unrequited love best (LOL)!

Oh, that's okay then!  LOL!  ^_^

> I'm really bothered by how easily
> Millionaira
> pulls the wool over Scrooge's eyes.

Not to mention how quickly he forgets Goldie.  :-p

>  The puns they exchange
> are great,
> though.  Don't they talk about moving into a tax shelter?

Yeah. "Love bucks," and "money muffin."  *gag*  LOL!

And lastly, thanks to Luca for the information about
Flintheart's first non-Barks appearance!  Very interesting!  :)

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/