Best DuckTales Episodes!

Matthew Williams kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Tue Nov 11 02:23:40 CET 2003

Maciek writes:

>You now it's fanny theat Scrooge Invait Glomgold and Magica to the weding.
Affter all they are vilans.

Yes, this is somewhat strange, but I like it!  The really interesting thing
to do would be to watch the episode again and see which side of the church
they are sitting on!  Maybe they're friends of the Vanderbucks family.  It
seems a little unfair that Magica and Glomgold were invited, but the Beagles
have to sneak in!

I love your close look at the Magica episodes.  I had never considered any
of this previously!  I like that she's after the harp in "Raiders of the
Lost Harp" too.  Surely a sophisticated witch like Magica would want to
diversify every now and then.  I'm glad you mentioned "Magica's Shadow War."
That episode creeped me out big time when I was a child!  I still think the
image of her huge, frightening shadow is pretty potent stuff.  I also love
that moment when things go wrong with the stadium lights and all of the
other shadows appear.

>I like to talk obaut hime. His the best Duck Tales charecter wich didn't
>aped biform the show but was made by Duck Tales (like Gizmo or Webby)
>I like his family (father, mother and sirter) theat aperd in episode "Top
>Duck" and have a cameoin Till Nephews Do Us Part.

I LOVE Launchpad.  I was overjoyed to see him in a new (in America anyway)
story a few weeks ago.  I would love it if a writer or artist made some
attempt to incorporate him as a regular fixture in Duckburg, not just as a
presence in a "DuckTales" story.  He adds something unique that Gladstone,
Gyro, Fethry, and Daisy can't.  I've actually been playing around with
creating my own duck scripts for the last several months, and I've tried to
include Launchpad in small roles.  I love him because he can do dumb things
and serve as comic relief, but he also has a certain amount of dignity that
keeps him from being a complete clown.

Matt