Buying Gemstone on Amazon - ISBN links

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 14 17:50:23 CET 2003

Stefan:

>>> Why are you placing on-topic discussions on the off-topic forum?

I thought the ISBN links might be getting off-topic and did not want to
swamp the list with those links; plus, I thought that it be useful for
reference to ahve it on DCML-talk. Maybe I ought to have posted the list at
both places.

Here goes--

Here is what a search for "ISBN" turned out--

The International ISBN Agency
http://www.isbn-international.org/
No "Search" feature, though; the Directory is just that, a printed Directory
you can order.

isbn.org
http://www.isbn.org/standards/home/index.asp
But that's to apply for an ISBN in the US

isbn.nu
http://isbn.nu/welcome.html
Actually a store browser that searches for the title/author/ISBN at
different on-line stores to compare the prices

ISBN Book Directory
http://my.linkbaton.com/isbn/
Click on the range and browse/search; not exhaustive

ISBN Tools
http://isbntools.com/details.html
Same database as above; I've linked to the "Format Details" page.

ISBN Code Bar Generator
http://www.cgpp.com/bookland/isbn.html
To make your bar codes for your self-made duck book covers-- say, if you
want to print a "Quest for Tidie Brophy" cover, for instance).

There doesn't seem to be any univeral ISBN database after all-- or I haven't
found it.

Besides amazon, Barnes & Noble, ..., there's always Library databases.

The search motor of the Library of Congress, for instance:
http://catalog.loc.gov/
But they won't have the most recent books, especially comic books.

Olivier