Barks quiz (sorrreeeeee), with a new quote

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Nov 19 16:28:35 CET 2003

FRANK BUBACZ to NILS SMEBY, 19-11-2003:

>> ["Donald! You're going to be sorrreeeeee!"]
>> This is driving me CRAZY.

> I don't want anybody to become crazy, so I throw in my guess, which
> would be the hypnotist scene in "Adventure Down Under". As I only
> know the German version, I can't be sure, though.

What? You gave the correct answer! Just when I thought that I had
everyone begging for mercy and new hints! This is driving ME insane! :-)

Indeed, it's "Adventure Down Under" (OS 159). Panel 2.3. It's a very
dramatic pose of Fate mourning for Donald, in the middle of a silly
scene with a nutty hypnotist. It's the contrast that makes this pose
so extremely funny for me.

--- Daniël

"What ho! I think I see my storm-battered cousins on yonder ridge -
if such bedraggled creatures can be relatives of MINE!"

Which Barks story? :-)