Ferioli's Donald

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Fri Nov 21 18:47:21 CET 2003

Olivier asked:
"I have yet to see a Ferioli Donald, though. Is there one in a recent
Gemstone issue?"

According to INDUCKS, Ferioli has written 29 stories including Donald (not
including covers).

However, only one of those have been printed in the United States: F JM
89216, "Mickey agent secret", printed in "Goofy Adventures 5".

Personally, I doubt it will be long before more of his stories are printed by
Gemstone. For the last five-six months, Scandinavian readers have been
following the thrilling series about Mythos Island - a nine chapters long mouse-
and-duck adventure by Per Hedman, Pat & Carol McGreal and Ferioli (D/D 2002-
018, D 2002-112, D 2002-113, D 2002-120, D 2002-189, D 2002-197, D 2002-231,
one I don't have the code of here right now and D 2002-266). This story/stories
is/are in my opinion such a masterpiece that it _has to_ be printed by Gemstone
sooner or later.

Another Duck highlight from Ferioli must be D 2000-189, the story he wrote for
the Carl Barks Tribute series which came in 2001 (other stories in this series
were e.g. Blum's/Branca's "World Wide Witch", just printed in Uncle $crooge,
and Don Rosa's "The Beagle Boys vs. The Money Bin", will be printed in U$ in
December).

Olaf