Barks Quiz

Carey Furlong stratocruiser at cox.net
Sun Nov 23 22:19:45 CET 2003

> From: "Klartekst" <info at klartekst.no>
>
> "I see the eastbound bus from Duckburg is pulling in." Which
> Barks story?

"Tracking Sandy," WDC 221, page 4, panel 7.  HD&L see the eastbound bus
arrive from Duckburg while eating ice cream at a desert town after they and
DD fail to track Dread Valley Sandy to his gold mine.  They see a suspicious
dude get off the bus and from there single-handedly solve the mystery that
has eluded everyone.

One of the reasons I like this story so much is the great way Barks drew the
desert.  To me, this was always typical California desert scenery,
supposedly near Death Valley.

Carey