Salt on a bird's tail (US 22)

Ninie Poulsen admin at 99e.dk
Thu Nov 27 06:38:30 CET 2003

I think it's like... If you can actually sneak up to a bird, close
enough to put salt on it's tail, you could grab it...
The mere act of sprinkling salt shouldn't prevent the bird from flying
(http://www.eskimo.com/~icebrkr/truelies.html)

F. Sprinkle salt on a bird's tail to catch it by preventing it flying
away.
T. If the bird let you get close enough to salt its tail, you could grab
it.
(From: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/folklore-faq/part4/)

 -99E.