WDC #111; "Donald's Love Letters"?

Larry Giver lgiver at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 29 10:17:49 CET 2003

Why was Barks' untitled story in WDC #111 given the title "Donald's
Love Letters", when at the end of the story we find they were
written by Gladstone?  A better title might be "Not Donald's
Love Letters"?    On the first page, Daisy is angry with Donald,
and throws 3 items at him:  his class pin, his picture, and
the letters.  However, looking carefully at the picture in panels 2 and 7,
I think the picture looks more like Gladstone than Donald.
Certainly the hat is not Donald's normal hat, but more like
Gladstone's usual hat, and the expression is the usual
smug Gladstone expression.  Maybe even the class pin was
Gladstone's?  Daisy was certainly mixed up in this story.