DCML Digest, Vol 8, Issue 16

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 05:18:39 CEST 2003

> From: "Madame Jennifer Inantaz" <madame82 at hotmail.com>
> Oh...and I *must* have your talent Katie Sullivan!
> Mustmustmustmustmustmust...must!
> I'm going to make time to read your new fan fic! It looks
> great!
> Who says my loyalties have to lie with only comic book
> artists?!

Aww, shucks.  You'll make me blush.  As you might notice from
the dates on that story, I wrote it awhile ago but I was too shy
to post it before this.  o_0

> By the way, thanks for putting putting the extra Goldie
> pictures done by
> Scarpa, Vicar, Rota and  Andrea Ferraris (someone scanned them
> for you
> didn't they? thank you guys too).

Actually, I scanned them myself, but a couple of my friends from
the list sent me the comics themselves.  My Danish pal Anders
sent me the comics that the Rota and Ferraris stories were in.
We trade comics back and forth sometimes.  ;)  And the Vicar one
was from the copy of Zio Paperone issue #100 that Luca B. sent
me.  :)  Thanks again, guys!  *hugs*

I'm always looking for new takes on the character, so any other
artists who've drawn her are welcome to join the gallery, too.

(We're talking about the part of my webpage that's here:
http://www.sullivanet.com/duckburg/loves/goldiegallery.htm )

> Doesn't the Rota version of
> Goldie look
> oddly like the DuckTales version? (O_o)

She looks more Barksian to me, but I *do* like his style.  :)

Speaking of fan-made works, a new online acquaintance of mine
from Finland drew this wonderful picture of Scrooge and Goldie:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/3276509/
I love the expressions!  :)

Re: Ludvig, I like the character too, and wish it was possible
for him to appear more often.  In addition to the Pied Piper
cameo already mentioned by Matthew, he can be spotted if you
look very carefully at "A Little Something Special," too.  ;)

> Mr. Rosa, the amount of research you put into single pictures
> never ceases
> to completely boggle my mind. XD
> Jonathan H. Gray

Doesn't it, though?  :D  It really does make a difference.  Just
like Barks and his infamous collection of National Geographics.
Authenticity really makes a difference.

Rob Klein wrote:
> In short, he is a
> multi-zillionaire who owns
> much property with facilities for him to sleep-and he
> sometimes stays at ALL of
> them.  They were ALL depicted by Barks.  He has several
> offices and several
> money bins (also according to Barks).

That certainly makes sense.  And yes, he would hardly pay ANYONE
rent!  ;)

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/