least favorite Barks story

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Tue Apr 6 15:51:29 CEST 2004

I nominate most all of the Scrooge stories from around issue 55 on.  North of the Yukon is the last Scrooge story by Barks that I would consider *good*.  The art in the later stories is fine in my opinion, but the stories are so undeveloped and full of terrible dialog that they're really tough to read.  The first time I read 'Hall of the Mermaid Queen' was when Disney printed it in the early 90's and I remember laughing with friends about the nephews saying something like "It's a good thing we had Judo lessons!"  Never understood when they picked up Judo......

rodney.