2004 Eisner Award Nominations

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 10:38:13 CEST 2004

Hi all!

I found a list of the nominations for the 2004 Eisner awards. Naturally,
Disney comics got all of one nomination. ;p

Best Title For A Younger Audience

Astro Boy, by Osamu Tezuka (Dark Horse)
Happy Halloween, Li'l Santa, by Thierry Robin and Lewis Trondheim (NBM)
Little Lit: It Was a Dark and Silly Night, edited by art spiegelman and
Francoise Mouly (HarperCollins)
Little Vampire Does Kung Fu!, by Joann Sfar (Simon & Shuster)
Peanutbutter and Jeremy's Best Book Ever!, by James Kochalka (Alternative)
Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge, by various (Gemstone)

And Todd Klein was nominated for best lettering. From what I can understand,
I don't see why they bother having other nominees since he apparently wins it
every year. ;)

And Floyd Gottfredson is among the many candidates that has a chance to be
chosen for the Hall of Fame this year.

I was hoping there might be more nominations than just the one, but perhaps
next year we'll see two or three nominations for Disney comics.

Derek Smith