Re: Barks's Junior Woodchuck series / Hergé

Martin S. Thoresen mindlink at netcom.no
Tue Apr 13 18:27:53 CEST 2004

Daniel van Eijmeren wrote:
> MATTHEW WILLIAMS to NILS SMEBY, 06-04-2004:
>
>> As far as worst story...  Are the seventies Woodchuck stories
>> eligible?
>
> I like most of them. Especially when drawn by Daan Jippes.

Personally, I really don't care for Jippes's drawings, I find them to
be too bland and rough, more like a sketch than a finished drawing.
To me it's puzzling that they've chosen him to draw these unreleased Barks
stories, when there are so many other talents available.
But I understand now that people are pleased with the efforts, so I guess
it's allright then. I shan't be the one to complain the highest either, as
most
of those stories haven't been very interesting either.
"'Hound Of The Moaning Hills" wasn't so bad though, but I found it difficult
to enjoy the story due to the art, same with the story about Donald as a
policeman during both alien and biker invasion.

> "This is quite a mystery! Let's sit down with some pop and sandwiches
> and figure it out!"

Could it be the one where Donald & Daisy are on a picnic and the nephews
are trying to sabotage? Probably not, but until further hints, this is my
guess.

- Martin