Of Ducks and Dentists, and a note about Forgetting things

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 00:26:22 CEST 2004

> From: "Daniel J. Neyer"
>Which reminds me--has anyone ever done a story
> with Donald
> as a Master of Dentistry? Seems to me there are a lot of funny
> possibilities in that.

Not to mention the added irony that ducks have no teeth...er,
most of the time.  ;)

I caught onto the gag in "Forget It!" right away, and laughed
myself silly numerous times throughout the story.
My dad had a little harder time getting into it, and here's
why...  Magica's explanation reads in English:
"It might be called the 'Bing! You're hypnotized' wand!  When a
victim is under its spell, once he hears his name spoken, his
memory will be wiped clean of the knowledge related to the next
word he hears!"
Dad got caught up on the "the NEXT WORD" part, since the first
time the spell is used, that would mean Scrooge would forget
about the word "Just."  ("Yes, Scrooge!  Just sound the alarm or
use the telephone" makes him forget everything about the alarm
AND the telephone--two concepts, neither of them the next WORD
Scrooge hears after his name.

I told my Dad to stop thinking so hard and just read the story.
He did, and thought it was very funny.  He just had a little
problem at first with taking Magica's words too literately.
When I read it, I didn't get hung up on exact wording and just
went with the concept, and loved it.

Everyone's mind works in a different way, I guess!  ;)

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/