Grading of 2nd hand comic books

Kintoun kintoun at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 26 19:15:45 CEST 2004

> Hello everybody.
>
> I been looking at some internet auctions for used Disney comic books.
> They are described with terms such as "Fine", "Very fine", "Very good",
> "Near mint" etc.
> Does anyone know if there exist some standard definitions of these grades?

The official "Free Comic Book Day" annual event web site has a very thorough
section devoted to these terms. You can check it at
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/new_grading.asp
The most important thing to keep in mind is how old a particular issue
happens to be. For instance, Dell Disney comic books truly in near mint
condition are virtually impossible to find so it's unrealistic to search for
them in high grade.

Kintoun