comic conditions

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Tue Apr 27 15:43:34 CEST 2004

>Dell Disney comic books truly in near mint
>condition are virtually impossible to find so it's unrealistic to >search for
>them in high grade.

And when they do occasionally turn up, they're very expensive, often over $100 while you can find a lower grade, but still attractive copy for far less.

An example:  A few weeks ago, a copy of WDCS162 appeared on ebay that I would consider NM.  I believe it sold for around $150.  I have a copy of that same book, probably in VG/F condition that I bought at a local shop for $3.50 a few years ago.

WDCS was selling around 3 million copies in those days, but it was being sold to kids who actually *read* the books (often before putting them back on the rack at the drugstore).  Very few issues of WDCS (or DD or US for that matter) are rare if you're just looking for some, but when you get into the higher grades, they're next to impossible to find.

rodney.