Gemstone

Anthvvuono@aol.com Anthvvuono at aol.com
Sat Aug 21 22:29:23 CEST 2004

To list:
        Personally, I love the prestige format comics and do not mind
spending 7 bucks an issue for each one. By now, everyone on this list knows I adore
Don Rosa, even more than Carl Barks; however, I also love to read Barks'
classic stories, William VanHorn, Noel VanHorn, Jippes, Scarpa, and Pat/Shelly
Block. I could buy just comics with only Rosa material in them, but then I would
miss out on all the other good artists. In addition, I enjoy the reprints from
time to time, since I haven't been around long enough to read the original
releases years ago. We in America should all support Gemstone financially as best
as possible. After all, I would see NO Rosa tales without this company and its
dedicated staff of Disney fans. In my opinion, the interim years between the
Gladstone and Gemstone runs in the United States were hell. I firmly hope we
do not go back to a period of no English Disney comics, yet it could happen
again just like before. I am 19 years old and have been a subscriber since the
mid-90s, starting with Gladstone and now Gemstone. For this informal list
survey, count me as a regular for both "Walt Disney's Comics and Stories" and "Uncle
Scrooge."
Sincerely,
Anthony