Magica Wikipedia article

Olaf Solstrand olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Mon Dec 20 09:23:01 CET 2004

Sigvald made me aware of this paragraph in the Wikipedia article about
Magica De Spell:

"According to Barks and his successors, Magica was born in 1908 on the
slopes of the Vesuvius, next to Naples, Italy and used to live there.
According to unofficial and unpublished statements of Don Rosa, Magica De
Spell died in 2004 in Duckburg, Calisota, a few months short of her 96th
birthday."

I think it looks like a bluff, so I changed it back to what it was before
someone added this information (simply that according to Barks and his
successors, Magica _lives_ on the slopes of the Vesuvius, next to Naples,
Italy). Should _I_ be the one who's wrong here, if these years 1908 and
2004 really exist on some pieces of paper I never knew of, please let me
know that so that I don't go around removing the truth from online
encyclopedias, and I will change it back (although that 1908-number REALLY
needs a source added).

(I assume the person best suited to answer this is Don Rosa - I'm posting
it to the DCML in case someone else knows something he doesn't know about
this number 1908.)

/OTB