DCML Digest, Vol 22, Issue 19

Thad Komorowski thad at goldenagecartoons.com
Thu Dec 23 15:50:15 CET 2004

KUR wrote:
> Why ther'a Don Rosa FAQ here :
> http://www.don-mcduck.de/specials/fanquestions.html

I don't buy the Daisy's brother being the nephews father thing...  As for
them calling her "Aunt Daisy", I still go by the theory that Barks was
using the tradition of little children calling close friends of the family
"Uncle" or "Aunt/Auntie", which is probably true.

Lars Jensen said:
> No, as Don Rosa said Egmont decided to "kill off" Ludwig because they
> don't like that character. It has nothing to do with whatever popularity
> LVD may or may not have in Europe or in Disney comics in general.

It used to be the same reason for Fethry Duck, but he was allowed to be
used a lot until recently, which actually had to do with Egmont's
financial status.  I've also heard rumors that one of the Egmont editors
enforced this no Ludwig policy because he was terrified of him as a kid!

Fernando Ventura wrote:
> http://fernandopventura.sites.uol.com.br/peninha_natal2004.gif
>
> Merry Christmas!
>
> Fernando! :-)

That's great, I'm a Fethry nut, so I love it!

Happy holidays,

-Thad Komorowski