DCML Digest, Vol 22, Issue 20 - Egmont and Fethry

Thad Komorowski thad at goldenagecartoons.com
Thu Dec 23 19:26:58 CET 2004

Lars Jensen wrote:

>> [Fethry Duck] was allowed to be used a lot until recently, which
>> actually had to do with Egmont's financial status.
>
> How so?

I was told that one of the big European licensees (I forget which one)
that gives Egmont most of its funding HATED the new Fethry Duck... You
know, the one that you, David Gerstein, and a few others were using, where
he has his own personality.  Rather than risk going on thin ice with them,
they stopped using him all together, with the exception of your T.N.T.
stories (which I think are very funny).  I have no idea if this situation
is still going on though.

-Thad Komorowski