Shamrock Bones

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at alumni.princeton.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:49:29 CET 2004

> I just found out that shamrock is a kind of Irish clover. Why is the
> character Shamrock Bones named after this ? I can't see any Irish
> connection to him.
> Or is this some kind of English words play that I as a Swede fail to
> understand ?

My guess is that it is a humorous reference to the name of an obscure
character called Sherlock Holmes, but one wouldn't expect anyone, other than
the handful of Holmes fans, to figure it out. :-)

Seriously, it's hard to come up with words that sound similar to "Sherlock"
and "Holmes", so you can't blame the writer for using the closest words that
he could think of, especially as the combination turns out to be quite funny!

	Kriton.
-----
"The good part about being doomed is it can't get any worse."
-----