DD pre-Barks

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Thu Feb 5 21:01:43 CET 2004

Mickey wrote:

>> of course, Morty and Ferdie could have met Gyro and Grandma at some
>> earlier Mouse Family/Duck Family get-together.
>
> I think it's the most probable hypothesis... [...]
>
> the problem: who considers Barks (and Rosa) as the most reliable
> source, can't think that the families of DD and MM live in the same
> city, since they're supposed to be friends but they never meet...

Mickey, you believe Morty and Ferdie must have met Gyro and Grandma at
some get-together, although Barks never showed this in a story. Why
can't you believe Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse live in the same city --
even though Barks never showed this in a story?!

>> And (some of) Barks' successors continue to this day to let these
>> characters meet each other.
>
> For example?

The Danish weekly just ran a subseries written by Per Hedman and Pat &
Carol McGreal. A few years ago Andreas Pihl wrote a Donald/Mickey/Goofy
team-up for the pocket books. Other writers include Dave Rawson and
Byron Erickson. And that's only in Denmark -- I could find (recent and
not-so-recent) examples from Italy, Brazil and the US, too.

Lars