Newsflashes

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Fri Feb 6 12:30:25 CET 2004

Wow, so much is going on in Norway(/Scandinavia) right now! Here's a few
examples:

-- Soon comes the new book series "Hall of Fame". Every book will focus on
a specific artist, with articles, personal comments and lots of comics. I
understand that in Don Rosa's case, the goal is to publish _all his stories
in chronological order_! (if anyone's interested in ordering this, try e-
mail hof at egmont.no or phone +47 24 05 13 10)

-- Last summer there was a competition in one of the biggest newspapers in
Norway, Dagbladet, where people were encouraged to write their own Donald
Duck scripts. The five winners are now picked out - according to editor
Tormod Løkling, many of them are good enough to deserve a place in the
weekly.

-- ...and a new competition is going on already. Kids up to the age of 15
can send their own Donald Duck comic strips or covers to the national TV
program "Etter skoletid" at NRK - every week they pick a winner, and all
the best strips will be printed in the weekly. Also, the best cover will be
redrawn by a professional artist and used on the weekly.

-- And finally: After the success in 2002, DON ROSA COMES BACK TO THE
RAPTUS FESTIVAL THIS SEPTEMBER! (I'm so thrilled because I know that this
year I will actually be there myself!)