Daniel's Wolf quiz

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Feb 6 22:53:26 CET 2004

HARRY FLUKS, 06-02-2004:

>> 'Sheepish Cowboys' (OS 1010). [..]
>> There has been another occasion in which Barks working on a production
>> that contained the Big Bad Wolf. Quiz question: Do you know which one?

> I don't think I saw this question answered here...
> Since you're writing "production", my guess is that this is not about
> a comic story. A cartoon, maybe? Did Barks work on a TLP/BW cartoon?
> Inducks doesn't list any.

Yes, he did. In 'The Three Little Wolves', released on 18 April 1936.

In April 29, 1987 notes, Barks has recalled that he did in-betweens of
"a scene of the Big Bad Wolf singing a parody of 'Schnitzlebank' while
basting the piggies. Norm Ferguson and Nick George were the animators."

In November 13, 1987 notes, Barks explained that 'Schnitzlebank' "is a
German drinking song that was popular in the beer balls after the repeal
of prohibition. Disney's songwriters wrote a parody on the words, and
that is what the Big Bad Wolf sings as he turns the piggies on a spit."

This information is taken from Thomas Andrae article 'The Animation Years',
published in the Carl Barks Library (07B-295).

--- Daniël

"Stop! You don't know what you're doing to yourself"
(Which Barks story?) :-)
Hint #1: These words are spoken by Donald.