Petits Hommes (OT)

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Sun Feb 29 16:25:20 CET 2004

OLAF

>I checked my collection, and I DO have the first album. At least it's
>marked "1" in a circle where the number is supposed to be...

That's the first album, in fact, originally titled "L'exode"
(the exodus), but my edition lacks the introduction you quote.

There had been several stories before that (1970), though,
starting in 1967 with "Alerte à Eslapion", all published
in the magazine "Spirou". I can only guess they begun making
albums with later stories because early ones weren't "mature"
enough, or maybe they were considered just too short for the
full-album format, at the time.

"Eslapion" was however published as album #19, years later
(there's some 40 albums of Les Petits Hommes!), same as the
other early stories in "collection" albums.

I manged to find more info (in French) at

http://bdevore.chez.tiscali.fr/Phommes/phommes.htm

Cheers!

Eta Beta