Question about a Barks's story: W US 19-04 Gyros Builds a Better House

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 3 21:20:02 CET 2004

Dario (ages ago):

>I have a question about the story W US 19-04 "Gyros Builds a Better House".
>Carl Barks has drawn > some sheets of paper, on the ground. [...] These
>sheets of paper are postal letters, with the sender's name in show. They
>don't have any bond with the plot of the history. [...] what is the >
>meaning of these letters?

Maybe Barks felt guilty to have used such a strange, unrelated and confusing
gag here, and that's why, in the next GG filler (US 20), he showed another
few letters dropping out of the bag of a careless postman. I just noticed
when re-reading my "Gyro-Library" over the holidays.

A belated happy new year everybody!

Frank