Disney Italy & Creators' Rights

sgarciab@soluziona.com sgarciab at soluziona.com
Mon Jan 12 12:57:34 CET 2004

Botto Armando:

>>To have a rough idea of the value of the drawings in question, let's
suppose
200 authors (or heirs of authors) are involved, and each of them has
produced an average of 2,000 pages over 10 years of relationship with
Disney. Considering an average price per page of 150 Euro, we obtain a
total
value of 60 million Euro (but the real figure is probably higher).

In fact, 200 x 2,000 x 10 x 150 = 600 million Euro. (OK, it's overwhelming,
anyway).

BTW: 150 euro/page? It seems a very high price to me. What's that figure?
Is it the amount which an author is paid for his/her work? Or is it the
"market value" of the comics stuff owned by Disney?

Thanks,

Santiago.