AW: Walt Disney Treasures DVDs

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Sun Jan 18 13:09:30 CET 2004

Eta Beta wrote:
> That's not JUST good news...
> These are the only two titles I missed of the original american
> edition...

Or you could also buy the Italian edition :-)
http://www.dcml-talk.org/read.php?f=1&i=214&t=175

But this costs twice as much as the German one - which also has an
Italian sound track.

It would be nice to know if there are any differences in content between
the different countries's DVD sets. I suppose they will all have the
same content but just differ in the language tracks they offer.

The European sets of the "Disney Treasures" series may also be
attractive for U.S. Disney fans because they have the additional
language tracks (But beware: region 2 coding!). As far as I know the
Disney shorts were dubbed into foreign languages directly by the Disney
studios at the time of the cartoons' creation. So Clarence Nash lends
his voice to Donald quacking in German - and Walt Disney to a Mickey who
speaks in German (?). Does somebody know which localized versions where
produced by the Disney studios back then?

Cord