Scrooge Obeying the Law

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Wed Jan 21 13:27:48 CET 2004

Klartekst wrote:

>But he can fall victim to his own greed and take unfair
>advantage of a situation. Afterwards, he sometimes feels
>guilt.

I agree with your thinking. Immeasurable treasures often tend to make
Scrooge lose it for a while. In these situations he seems to consider
breaking the law, because he IS greedy (just being a tightwad wouldn't
have been enough to make him the richest duck in the world). Inside, he
still has a heart of gold (pun intended), so after some thought he
usually makes the "right choice". This is the way Don Rosa tends to make
him look, and for me that feels right. I personally don't like at all
the way some Italian stories make Scrooge to act.