Scrooge Obeying the Law

Carey Furlong stratocruiser at cox.net
Fri Jan 23 02:42:55 CET 2004

 Santiago wrote:
> And what about the scene in which U$ tries to buy a whole bunch of golden
> eggs and feathers for just 10$ in "The golden gooses island (or so)"?

The business with Scrooge buying the hoard of golden eggs and feathers for
only $10 was not strictly speaking, breaking the law.  It may have been an
unfair and unscrupulous business practice, but it was not illegal.
Unfortunately for him, and thanks to Magica De Spell, it did not work out.

This reminds me of a similar event where Scrooge tried to buy a 500 mile
diameter moon made of 24 carat solid gold for only a handful of dirt (US
24). On that occasion it was not even an unscrupulous business practice,
because the offer was at the behest of the owner.  That deal, however, also
did not work out for Scrooge, but for different reasons.  ;-)

Carey