Question about "Romano Scarpa - Sognando la Calidornia"

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Jan 26 03:53:53 CET 2004

According to my files, there should be a publication titled
'Romano Scarpa - Sognando la Calidornia', published in April 2001.

It should contain a reproduction of a 1975 letter(?) from Barks to
Scarpa, which contains a "siren idea" for Scarpa's Brigitta.
See: http://www.seriesam.com/barks/df_75scarpa.jpg
According to my files, this material is a reprint of 'I Maestri
Disney' #14, March 1999.

Is the above information correct?

Can you tell me more about 'Sognando la Calidornia'? Is it a
compilation of comic book stories, a biography, or both?
What kind of cover does it have?

The book is mentioned at
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/calidornia/
In part, the text on that page reads: "Presentato a Torino Comics il
28 Aprile 2001, è ora disponibile nelle migliori fumetterie e librerie
specializzate pubblicato dalla Vittorio Pavesio Productions. Il volume
è di ben 244 pagine (di cui 16 a colori) e di formato medio-grande
(21,5 x 27,8 cm) a lire 58.000."

But I can't understand Italian. (The link to an English text doesn't
work.) And I can't find the book at INDUCKS. Neither the "siren idea"
drawing for Scarpa. Does this mean that they haven't been indexed at
INDUCKS?

Are Alberto Becattini, Luca Boschi, Leonardo Gori, and Andrea Sani the
authors of the book?

Any help will be appreciated, as always.

--- Daniël

"Stop! You don't know what you're doing to yourself"
(Which Barks story?) :-)