About Daisy

Jonathan H. Gray jongraywb at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 20:53:52 CET 2004

Coming in late to the conversation ^^;;

Sorry to say it but Daisy has always been my least favorite Duck character.
=\ Sometimes she's can be written so obnoxiously shallow or as such a
blatant stereotype that it can get outright crazy. The fact that she can be
written as such being so "itchy-bay" at times is kinda what turns me off.
Theres a difference between being a strong female lead and being a loon just
to be one. :P Its probably exaggerating of me to say so, but there are
several times I've read her where she seems to single handedly set women
back 50 years. -_-

In a select few Daisy Duck Diary stories she can turn out OK, and as much as
I despise everything else about that show, Quack Pack had probably one of
the best characterizations of her (along with a somewhat nifty design). But
otherwise Daisy has never really been my favorite unless she's toned down
from what she was considerable.

One story I've always wanted to read for years was one I heard that either
Romano Scarpa or Giorgio Cavazzano did in which Donald fell in love with
another woman who actually treated him right. Unfortunately it couldnt work
due to some reason or another and he ended up at the end back with Daisy.
Sounds like it was poignant and I dont remember where I read the description
of it at. Sound familiar to anybody?

Jonathan H. Gray
New Artist Of The "Sonic The Hedgehog" Comic!
Sonic #134, #138

CNW & Time Trouble: My Daily Comic Strips -
http://diversions.toonzone.net/chipandwalter
The CKC Message Board -
http://diversions.toonzone.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi
Dub's Daily Journal - http://www.deadjournal.com/users/wb/