PKNA

Chris Hilbig chilbig1 at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 6 14:51:06 CEST 2004

Rod,

  You're right about the style of art being slightly different. Plus the
PK series takes place in a more futuristic Duckburg. But if you want to
check PK, I recommend you visit the PKERs fansite.
<http://pk.immaginario.net/index/index.htm> It's in both English and
Italian and has quite a bit of information. Click on Translations and
you'll find a couple of issues of PKNA translated to English. I'm not
all that much a SCI-FI fan, buy the few translations I've read are
pretty well written. But the only issues I see with Gemstone reprinting
PK material is that it pretty much deviates from the rest of the known
Duck Universe in relation to Barks/Rosa (that might matter to some
purists), and has a slightly different target audience. (A niche of a
niche.) Also, from what I've read, Disney Italy restarted the PK
"universe/storyline/whatever" with a second, more mature series (On the
level of DC and Marvel).  That might confuse some people, because in
the second series they rearrange and rename some characters, etc. On
top of that Gemstone couldn't publish PK material with out having to
restart in the same manner as Disney Italy. (Maybe they could skip the
first series and jump straight into the second. I don't know.) None the
less, PK has been quite popular in Italy and has two titles dedicated
to him, PK3 and Paperink. I also remember Disney Adventures doing their
own version of PK (Duck Avenger). It wasn't as good as what the
Italians produced. But it's also archived on the PKERs site, so you can
judge it for yourself.

Have fun,

Chris Hilbig