endless reprints

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Sun Jul 25 22:48:21 CEST 2004

Even thought I only nit-picked the possibility of getting a copy of US 219 for $3 a couple of days ago (Maybe I should come and check out your local comic shop Chris!), I do want to point out that I do find it a little ridiculous that Son of the Sun has been reprinted 4 times in 17 years.  There really is no need for a story to be reprinted every 3 or 4 years.

I like seeing reprints of stories that may not be so easy to find, like the Murry story may be (INDUCKS seems to be down, so I can't check).  I've mentioned before that I think Gemstone should limit themselves to stories that haven't been reprinted in a "comic book" (albums and hardbound books not counting) in 15 years.  I still think that's a good idea, by and large, but considering that Son of the Sun fits that criteria, there's always going to be something that people may not be happy with.

I do like the idea of occasional reprints in the 32 page books, as long as it's not constant.  For example, maybe print a Barks story in every third or fourth issue of DD.  That's enough to introduce younger readers to Barks, and keep the book from being overloaded with stories that many of the rest of us have already seen.

rodney.